A loose collection of pages regarding issues that came up when reviewing particular monitors but might be of more common interest ...
- LCD dynamics is about the fundamental problems and solutions regarding LCD timing (pixel response, motion blur, overdrive, strobed backlight, ...).
- LightBoost is a short introduction to NVIDIA's LightBoost technology and its use as motion blur reduction technique.
- Combining variable refresh rate and strobed backlight is a suggestion of how G-Sync or FreeSync and motion blur reduction could be used simultaneously.
- Measuring color resolution is about gamma curves and the effective color resolution of graphics cards and monitors.
- Flicker-free settling is about how to measure and specify luminance settling performance of monitors with continuous backlight.
- LightBoost settling is about how to measure and specify luminance settling performance of monitors with strobed backlight.
- Luminance scaling & settling erros is about which luminance scaling and error measure to use when specifying luminance settling performance.